It is the goal of Good Hope Presbyterian Church to proclaim the Gospel of Christ to those near and far from us, ministering to them by word and deed.
Supporting missionaries is an integral part of the church. Missionaries need to know they are supported at home, both financially and prayerfully. Good Hope builds a long-term relationship with missionaries by regularly communicating with them, supporting them through our annual budget, and praying for them weekly. Some of the missionaries who are currently supported financially by our congregation are:
- Gene and LuAnn Bowman, Hispanic Leadership Initiative
- Chris Garriott, University of Maryland RUF
- Linda Karner, Chiba, Japan
- Keith and Lori, Asia
- Elisabeth Carey, MTW Bulgaria
- Steve and Beth Brunson, Trans World Radio Guam
- Robert and Carla Rose, Guatemala
- Kaansa Translation Team, Burkina Faso
- Laurel Pregnancy Center, Maryland
Each Spring, Good Hope holds a conference to specifically highlight missions. The weekend focuses on missionaries we support as well as other missionaries we invite.
Forest Ridge Mission Project
Each summer the Forest Ridge community in Columbia, MD hosts our efforts to build a community relationship with them. During this summer week, we provide Vacation Bible School & lunch for the children. We also provide Thanksgiving Baskets, Christmas Baskets, food, clothing, toys, and school supplies during the year.